Serving your local community is an important aspect of the Catholic Daughters. It is also a great way to gain some good public relations with members of your town as well as a way to get other ladies interested in joining your court.
Go beyond your parish to see how you might partner with some community organizations or volunteer to get your “face” in the public eye as a charitable service organization.
Following are some ideas that courts have used in the past. If you have some ideas to share, please contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them.
- town parade
- community clean up day
- Habitat for Humanity event, either painting or providing lunch and refreshments
- volunteer at a local service organization (DV shelter, Red Cross, Salvation Army, pregnancy counseling center, hospital, etc.)
- partner with schools in a fund raising event for them
- town holiday celebration participants
- help fund local businesses such as skate rinks, pools, teen centers, etc.
- support local efforts for military organizations, police departments, fire departments
- Life Chain
- 40 Days for Life
- March for Life
- YWCA, festival of trees, we had a wreath that the members designed that was auctioned for a fundraiser for the YWCA